Robot cleaner???

I like my Doheny Discovery Dolphin... its a Maytronics build robot labeled for Doheny's Pool store online. Same as an S200.

Have you checked out the cool videos on the Maytronics website that shows the various robots in action?

Another option I've recently learned of is CertifiedDolphins.com for refurbished 'bots. A couple of folks here have had very good luck buying these Maytronic robots and the price can't be beat. Worth a look, eh?

Maddie :flower:

Trying to figure out Maytronics robots is a challenge. They've got, apparently, models for specific pool stores, pool stores in general only, Internet only, and probably several lines I haven't figured out. Here are a couple of things I think make sense. Some of the cleaners have "exhaust" straight up (when the cleaner is horizontal). This seems like a good idea, as that helps hold the cleaner down on the bottom and helps hold it against a pool wall. Also some have the rotating handle/float that is vertical when the cleaner is horizontal but float 90 degrees to remain vertical when the cleaner is going up a side. Both of these features seem worthwhile, especially if side cleaning is important. There are also several filter options, some interchangeable, some not. Fine, ultra fine, etc. Lastly, as best I can tell only the M400 and M500 have a third brush--and unlike the front and rear brushes, does not turn in concert with the wheels/tracks. It turns faster, or maybe in the opposite direction (I forget which.) This also seems highly desirable, if you're hoping to reduce manual brushing frequency.

JT, I use the word "seems" a lot here, because I'm looking to replace my virtually worthless Pentair Kreepy Krauly Platinum pressure side cleaner (long name for a product that does so little other than make circles in the deep end of the pool--yes I've tried all the published fixes for that issue.) I see you're in Houston, so you might find, as I did, that not many people sell the M400/500. Those who do, so far seem to sell them at full list price--$1,399 and $1,599--and they're "in Houston" only in the broadest metro area sense of the term. Leslie's and Pinch a Penny both have their own named lines (none with the 3rd brush or top exhaust.) Can't find them online, as they're apparently for independent shops and pool builders only. Also, I'm hoping to find a dealer who is a warranty station. I've read some warranty nightmare stories for people needing warranty repairs on their Internet Maytronics (you pay shipping to Maytronics, then hope.) Speaking of warranties, there are Maytronics with 1, 2, and 3 year warranties. Also some are full, but most are limited.

Good luck with your search.

I purchased my Maytronics Dolphin Discovery online but one of the local pool shops here will do the warranty work on it. And that's the only one I asked, so others locally may also?

Maddie :flower:
Maddie, I'm glad to hear that. I'm probably over-sensitive to warranty issues. I've had a few instances of great warranties that became less great when I had to spend money shipping a heavy product or a high value product back for repair. To the OP, I forgot to suggest YouTube. There are a zillion videos there on pool cleaners, including Maytronics. The majority turn out to be Maytronics promos, but there are a few that are really useful. A guy in Colorado did an extensive review and demo of his Dolphin Premier cleaner, and it looks pretty good. By now, that model may be a little long in the tooth-tech wise-but in other respects it seems like a decent value...and is probably identical to two or three other Maytronics models. Finally don't discount Amazon customer reviews as a source of info.

Thanks all,
All this info helps, after some digging on the Maytronics site info is overwhelming and sparse.

I do like the Dahoney deal so far.
Warranty is important on a 700 or 800 dollar purchase.

I will continue my searching.

Thanks
John

Which model would be the best for a 41x15 fiberglass rectangular in-ground? I am tired of this mx8 getting stuck to the same step every day, and taking 8 hours to clean the pool. I’m thinking something like the Dolphin M500?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All,

Just about ready to purchase the robot for our new fiberglass pool. I have read where the Maytronics brand is the cats meow of cleaners
15' x 30' 6' max depth with steps and a sundeck.

Which unit though? Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaners by Maytronics

Thanks
I have the Apollo and think it works great. I haven’t used the manual vacuum since I bought it two years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.