River roses up higher than the street, water came into the property and joining the pool/spa

That simply means you turn your filter pump's valve to the waste setting and vacuum as usual. Just have to keep an eye that the water level doesn't get too low. If it does you will need to add water to continue.
Oh I see. I do have a ball valve that can divert water out of the pool and dump into the yard, but that valve is set up after the pump and filter.

Do you have an inline leaf canister?
View attachment 482855
If not you need to get one to prevent clogging your plumbing when vacuuming manually.
If you have a mpv (multi port valve) you may have the ability to vac to waste, waste will be listed as an option.
View attachment 482859
If not, You may need to call around for someone with a hammerhead vac that would operate independently of your equipment.
It’s florida, there’s a million pool services. The larger ones would be more likely have one as it’s pretty expensive.
I called a few companies and they all said they would run it through the pump and filter and just clean the filter frequently, which doesn't address the issue with the debris getting into the pump and pipes. I will keep calling to see if I find someone better.

Reactions: Mdragger88
so last few days have been exhausting with cleaning out all the flood damages, not only the pool and spa, but also everywhere in the yard is a mess, plus the 2 feet of water in the garage so everything below that are ruined.

I added some shock into the pool and spa. After a day the pool water cleared instead of the initial brown color. I scooped out all the floating debris like coconuts, leaves, palm fronds etc...and I used a utility pump to empty half the spa. It's been raining intermittently so it's a stop and go process.

IMG-20230417-142207.jpg

IMG-20230417-142259.jpg

Baby steps.

Oh I see. I do have a ball valve that can divert water out of the pool and dump into the yard, but that valve is set up after the pump and filter.
Do you know what type of filter you have? Take a picture of your equipment and we may be able to help.

I’ve also seen people have decent luck using a plastic garden rake to get the larger debris off the bottom of the pool so they can run their pump and filter the rest.

I have a question about my spa. It was installed in 1992 several owners ago so some things puzzled me.

Around the spa are four jet nozzles, when I set the return line to go to the spa, water shoots out from those water jets. I have shown in the picture below the water jets in yellow. However, located higher then the water jets are four openings. they are shown in red. What are those holes for?

IMG-20230417-142259.jpg

There are four of these holes, I have no idea what they are for. Two of them are just round holes, the other two have grid covers on them. During the cleaning process as I sprayed down everything inside the spa, I point a garden hose nozzle into one hole and water (with dirt and leaves) came out another hole, so they are interconnected. The main drain is at the bottom of the spa, so I have no idea what those four holes are for.

IMG-20230417-142323.jpg

IMG-20230417-142328.jpg

IMG-20230417-142359.jpg

I have a question about my spa. It was installed in 1992 several owners ago so some things puzzled me.

Around the spa are four jet nozzles, when I set the return line to go to the spa, water shoots out from those water jets. I have shown in the picture below the water jets in yellow. However, located higher then the water jets are four openings. they are shown in red. What are those holes for?

IMG-20230417-142259.jpg

There are four of these holes, I have no idea what they are for. Two of them are just round holes, the other two have grid covers on them. During the cleaning process as I sprayed down everything inside the spa, I point a garden hose nozzle into one hole and water (with dirt and leaves) came out another hole, so they are interconnected. The main drain is at the bottom of the spa, so I have no idea what those four holes are for.

IMG-20230417-142323.jpg

IMG-20230417-142328.jpg

IMG-20230417-142359.jpg
Air inlets for bubbles in the spa returns.

I know you have more pressing things to deal with than just the pool/spa but the more debris you can remove manually the better & the faster you can get to it the better. Scooping it out with a pool leaf rake. You can try to use the brush to get the stuff to the shallow end for easier removal.
Do you have a swg? I can’t tell from the picture.
Keeping the fc up during this time to keep fc in target range is essential but all that debris will consume the fc rapidly.
FC/CYA Levels
You mentioned “shock” - we recommend you use liquid chlorine as it only adds chlorine - nothing extra like cya or calcium.
Once you get the bulk of the stuff out you can begin the
SLAM Process.
You need a taylor k2006c or tf100/pro xl to do the slam process & get the pool cleaned up.

Reactions: miamicuse
Air inlets for bubbles in the spa returns.
OK so it's connected to this device that appears to be broken for a while. I have yet to get it repaired. If leaves and dirt got inside these pipes that is for air how would that be cleaned out? I need to flush it from the other end? I can see some leaves are not coming out due to the grille over two of the pipes and I do not see how to remove the grille except to break them off.

IMG-20230308-122339.jpg

IMG-20230308-122414.jpg

I know you have more pressing things to deal with than just the pool/spa but the more debris you can remove manually the better & the faster you can get to it the better. Scooping it out with a pool leaf rake. You can try to use the brush to get the stuff to the shallow end for easier removal.
Do you have a swg? I can’t tell from the picture.
Keeping the fc up during this time to keep fc in target range is essential but all that debris will consume the fc rapidly.
FC/CYA Levels
You mentioned “shock” - we recommend you use liquid chlorine as it only adds chlorine - nothing extra like cya or calcium.
Once you get the bulk of the stuff out you can begin the
SLAM Process.
You need a taylor k2006c or tf100/pro xl to do the slam process & get the pool cleaned up.
"swg" means salt water right? no this is a fresh water pool, but the nearby river came up and that river is brackish so there is some salt in the water. The neighbors said she heard some of the sewers overflew so who knows what is in this water. I have been brushing and using a net to get stuff out. All the floating debris are out, the stuff at the bottom is a slow process, as I do it for an hour and the entire bottom became cloudy and I can't see. So I leave it and do other stuff around like a million things that needed work, the most pressing is the water got so high a few of the outside receptacle went under water. They are weather resistant but not waterproof, and I took out one receptacle to inspect the wire nuts are corroded and the metal parts of the receptacle is corroded so I can't even use outside receptacles so have extension cords coming out of the windows for now. So just trying to do a little bit of a dozen things every day to make baby steps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"swg" means salt water right? no this is a fresh water pool, but the nearby river came up and that river is brackish so there is some salt in the water. The neighbors said she heard some of the sewers overflew so who knows what is in this water. I have been brushing and using a net to get stuff out. All the floating debris are out, the stuff at the bottom is a slow process, as I do it for an hour and the entire bottom became cloudy and I can't see. So I leave it and do other stuff around like a million things that needed work, the most pressing is the water got so high a few of the outside receptacle went under water. They are weather resistant but not waterproof, and I took out one receptacle to inspect the wire nuts are corroded and the metal parts of the receptacle is corroded so I can't even use outside receptacles so have extension cords coming out of the windows for now. So just trying to do a little bit of a dozen things every day to make baby steps.
What a mess 😢
when dealing with the scooping you may want to add 5ppm or a little more of liquid chlorine in (mix it around with a brush) before you begin working- also wear gloves 🧤& safety glasses- as you said there’s really no telling what’s in there - germs 🦠 & possibly sharp things. Stay safe!

Reactions: miamicuse
So every day after work I spent a few hours cleaning up. Literally everywhere, raking and netting the pool, the spa, the pond, getting mud out of the patio and driveway pavers, to restacking retainer walls, to replacing planting beds, to wiping down and trashing stuff in my garage. I have 12 bags of concrete that are now 12 pillows of harden concrete. I have over a dozen buckets of paint that's submerged and "watered down". Some power tools won't turn on, some turn on but sound funny.

But slowly and surely one step at a time.

Today this is my pool and my spa, still not 100% but closer.

IMG_20230428_113227.jpg

IMG_20230428_113237.jpg

So every day after work I spent a few hours cleaning up. Literally everywhere, raking and netting the pool, the spa, the pond, getting mud out of the patio and driveway pavers, to restacking retainer walls, to replacing planting beds, to wiping down and trashing stuff in my garage. I have 12 bags of concrete that are now 12 pillows of harden concrete. I have over a dozen buckets of paint that's submerged and "watered down". Some power tools won't turn on, some turn on but sound funny.

But slowly and surely one step at a time.

Today this is my pool and my spa, still not 100% but closer.

View attachment 487258

View attachment 487259
What a transformation. Beautiful. Well done!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.