Rigid PVC to Tigerflex hose - which glue should I use ?


LifeTime Supporter
Aug 15, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
I need to glue-up some Tigerflex spa hose (F42MCR) to rigid PVC fittings (Schedule 40 - standard white pipe used for pools).

The pool store recommends I use a special glue called Wet R Dry 725 (which they don't sell) while the PVC store recommends I use standard PVC primer and PVC cement.

I've asked the tigerflex manufacturer, but haven't got a response yet.

What go you guys use?


Right on their website it says the spa hose is designed to be glued into regular PVC fittings. To properly glue either rigid or flex PVC for pool and spa use first use PVC cleaner, then use the primer and then use the wet and dry PVC glue which has a thicker consistancy than the regular PVC glue. In some localitiies this is the only kind of glue that is considered being up to code. You can find wet/dry PVC glue at most hardware stores (I Know Ace carries it), plumbing supplies, some pool supply stores that also sell to the trade, and sometimes at the Big Box stores like Home Depot and Lowes.
It is important to use the cleaner, primer, and the glue because this insures a good solvent bond in addition to the mechanical bond. Flex PVC will have a tendency to want to come out of the fittings when you glue it so be sure to hold it in place for about 30 seconds or until it starts to set up.


In The Industry
Jul 14, 2007
What you're looking for is any type of solvent cement that is rated for rigid or flexible applications, like many of the types on this page:
The glues that aren't rated for flex will tend to let go when the flex pipe moves. The glue itself dries stiffer than the flex glue and it has no give, like the flex glue has.

Clean the pipe and fitting thoroughly, apply primer to the female fitting and then the pipe, then apply the glue to the pipe and then the fitting, push the pipe into the fitting with a 1/4 turn and as waterbear said, hold it in place for 30 seconds or so.


el_steak said:
Here's the answer I got from the manufacturer of Tigerflex:

Thank you for your inquiry. You can use any standard PVC glue you find at your local hardware store.
Correct, and as I said before, in many localities the building code requires the medium weight wet/dry PVC cement, and I would recommend you use it. It is heavier and creates a better mechanical bond. You still need to clean and prime before you glue to help create a better solvent bond.
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.