Rigid Foam board

Forum member nick_wa used them on his build, Ill post the link below. I'm most likely going to do the same thing on our new install next season. You can check with him to see how they are holding up.

I used 3/4" tongue and groove and placed it directly on my gravel base. I think we did 2 layers of tuck tape (vapor barrier tape) and 2 layers of duct tape, something like that. We also did gorilla pad on top of the foam. If I built another pool tomorrow I would 100% do it the exact same way, super nice on the feet.

Nick_wa, 3/4 would be better on my billfold for sure, so I have a sand base now, but it has settled a bunch, (pulled my liner out in some places) does the foam compress when you walk on it, my concern about thinner foam is if the give would stretch the liner to much and rip the liner.

I did a compact sand base, then added a Gorilla pad. Then put down 1/2" foam. doubled taped the seems with Gorilla tap (Overkill in my opinion-it killed my wrists and shoulders pulling that tape off the roll). Also used the stick-in foam cove. This was our first season with the pool, but it held up perfectly so far.
1.jpg3.jpg11.jpg36.jpg

Nick_wa, 3/4 would be better on my billfold for sure, so I have a sand base now, but it has settled a bunch, (pulled my liner out in some places) does the foam compress when you walk on it, my concern about thinner foam is if the give would stretch the liner to much and rip the liner.

My foam does not compress when walking on it, but I made my base solid and put compacted crusher fines underneath. Everything was nice and level before putting the foam down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.