Silver Supporter
Jun 1, 2016
Buffalo, NY
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
- I purchased the LevelSmart Online version. I chose this version, which cost several hundred dollars more than the standard version, because it enables you to see statistics on amount of water added, time added, level of pool, etc right from your phone (app).

- Ordered it directly from the Kona Labs website. Ryan, the co-owner, answered all my questions presale.

- Installed it in April per the instructions. Downloaded the app. And nonsense data started to pour in. Data that makes no sense.

- Contacted Ryan. Said he would check into it. Didn’t hear back for several days. Emailed him several times. Finally called me back 2 or 3 days later. Said he is still checking into it. Another week goes by. More emails that don’t get answered or are answered several days to weeks late. It’s several weeks later at this point and i’m done with having a $1,000+ brick that doesn't work and customer service that doesn’t respond, so I file a chargeback with my credit card company.

- Suddenly they’re responding, transferring me to his other co-owner Richard who knows more of the tech stuff behind the scenes. Finally gets it fixed.

- Long story short, we finally got the product working, and it works really well now. The pool stays at the exact same height every single day without me having to get the hose out.

Conclusion: My experience is that the product works very well, once it’s properly adjusted and set up, but if you purchase this device, purchase it knowing that you will receive next to ZERO customer service.

Out of the dozen or so times I called post-purchase, they answered the phone 0 times. Rang and rang and rang, then finally went to voicemail. About half of the time they called back (several days later) and the other half went ignored. Out of the dozen or so emails, same deal, about half get answered, and when they do, it’s typically many days (or weeks) later.

Thanks for the review.

Is your problem with nonsense data something that other users will likely encounter when they install the leveler? Or was it a one-time event that should not effect future customers?

Keep us updated on how the unit holds up over time.

Thanks for the review.

Is your problem with nonsense data something that other users will likely encounter when they install the leveler? Or was it a one-time event that should not effect future customers?

Keep us updated on how the unit holds up over time.

Great question but unfortunately I don’t know. They never got back to me to even tell me it was fixed… I just noticed it started working several weeks later. I’m guessing they fixed something in the coding.

I should’ve mentioned this, but the true problem with the nonsense data, is that the pool doesn’t fill if the data is not correct. If the program doesn’t know that the pool is low, it won’t fill. So, essentially, with nonsense data, it becomes a useless brick.

So does the leveler system send data to their server and require their server to function? Which means if they shutdown the company and the server then it bricks your device?

Do they charge some monthly or annual fee?

So does the leveler system send data to their server and require their server to function?

I’m honestly not sure. I *think* in the standard version, it uses bluetooth? But I have the online version… I’m honestly not sure.

Do they charge some monthly or annual fee?

I pay $9 per month for the cell service that is needed to connect the device to them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.