REVIEW: Dolphin Oasis Z5 from Epic Pool supply

How often do you run the robot? Can you run it overnight and pull it out in the morning?

Does it do well with leaves?

If I go on a business trip can my wife leave it in the pool until I get home in a week or two?

I am going to sign for my new pool tomorrow and the builder said he would credit me 1050 for my Polaris 280 with booster and I am wondering if the robot is right for me. The builder said the problem with robots is you have to put them in and out all the time which adds to the maintenance.

You have to pull out a Pressure cleaner if you want to swim in peace. Personally, I don't like swimming around and avoiding any cleaner. That said, I have been in the pool many times with the Dolphin running, but if you are worried about it from a safety standpoint, just unplug it.

As to your other questions, yes to all of them. Until the new wears off, you'll find yourself watching him at work though. I suggest the Z5 or the M5, but these are the two I have personal experience with. Whatever you decide, don't skimp on price. $$$=Cleaning power.

You have to pull out a Pressure cleaner if you want to swim in peace. Personally, I don't like swimming around and avoiding any cleaner. That said, I have been in the pool many times with the Dolphin running, but if you are worried about it from a safety standpoint, just unplug it.

As to your other questions, yes to all of them. Until the new wears off, you'll find yourself watching him at work though. I suggest the Z5 or the M5, but these are the two I have personal experience with. Whatever you decide, don't skimp on price. $$$=Cleaning power.

Does the Z5 have a timer? For example I can set him to run an hour a day? I guess I could put in a normal plug timer. I am thinking of leaving it in the pool until we want to swim and pull it out. Or should it just be ran and removed when not in use? Would that effect the longevity of the robot?

He has schedules built in. I'm just not sure what they are on the Z5. When you run him, he will run a session and then he's done. It's not as if you have to put it on a timer. Mine has weekly schedule as well, so they are made to leave in for extended periods.

Does it do well with leaves?

If I go on a business trip can my wife leave it in the pool until I get home in a week or two?

I don't know that any cleaner will give you this option at certain times of the year. In spring and fall I can't leave my pressure side cleaner in the pool for a day or two without emptying it. My experience has been that a pool sweep is not the primary leaf management tool, a net is, especially during spring and fall. It is more about dust and little stuff.

Does the Z5 have a timer? For example I can set him to run an hour a day? I guess I could put in a normal plug timer. I am thinking of leaving it in the pool until we want to swim and pull it out. Or should it just be ran and removed when not in use? Would that effect the longevity of the robot?

Z5 doesn't have a schedule function. I leave mine in the water frequently. I've found that with just dirt I can usually run the robot 2-3x before needing to clean the filters.

The z5 handles my fig tree leaves without a hiccup. I'll try to find a pic of an example.

Question...

I have a pretty large and high drain. It has hairline cracks and the pool boy said they were more cosmetic than anything. The average person probably wouldn't notice them. Since we are having a bunch of work done on the pool this year and hubby is starting to flip I decided to hold off on a new cover. I am pulling the trigger on an Oasis this week or next. I guess it safe to assume it will get caught so I should tell the pool boy to go ahead and order something different? Are there choices in pool drain covers?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, I will ask pool boy what my options are and if it isn't going to cost an arm and leg I might just go ahead and change it.

If you can't get a lower profile drain cover I would just get the m5. That way you don't have to worry about getting stuck.

What is different about the m5 to stop it from getting stuck? Does it sit higher off the ground?

center brush prevents it from getting high-Centered...

I have never had any issue with my Z5 getting stuck on my drain covers. It drives right over them. they stick up....I haven't measured how much. but they are pictured in more than one spot on this forum.

center brush prevents it from getting high-Centered...

I have never had any issue with my Z5 getting stuck on my drain covers. It drives right over them. they stick up....I haven't measured how much. but they are pictured in more than one spot on this forum.

For the sake of this argument, I really think you need to give us the exact measurement this evening.

You have a water proof ruler don't you? :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.