Reverse osmosis

Lowering your CYA will most likely increase your FC usage per day at this time of year. If my pool drops to 60 ppm, it starts using 5+ppm FC per day. At 70 to 80 ppm CYA, I use about 4 ppm FC per day.

No experience with RO. I know you do have to have 0 algae, you will still need to add about 25% make up water, and it will cost in the $1000 range.

All pool equipment prices have gone way up. See Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features for SWCG's. You would need one rated for 60K. So the RJ60 from Circupool would be a good fit.
Ok, it sounds like I need to SLAM the pool then, not worry about the CYA in the summer months so much in our climate. And probably convert to SWG at some point. Thanks for the advice!

I would probably have to put a half to gallon a day to keep it at a 7-9 ppm.

Pool is about 30,000 gl

Does that sound right to you?

Yes, actually. 1 gallon of 10% liquid chlorine will raise your FC 3.3ppm. The tabs add a little more each day, but generally dissolve pretty slowly, so maybe altogether add the 4ppm that mknaus says you should expect in your climate. I don't think you need to SLAM, but if you do, it'll be a short one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.