Cgreenfl

May 17, 2020
Central Florida
Hi,

Our new pool constructions was completed a month ago. We got the Stonescapes mini-pebble, Tropics Blue with Glass Beads and Abalone shell. Also, have a pool screen/cage over the pool.

I'm after 2-things here:
1. Good water circulation so the skimmer catches the top items
2. With having the glass beads, I'm looking for the water ripple effect so that the sun reflects off the beads and slight water ripples, creating that sparkle moving water look.

Given the above, would it work if I point my returns slightly (not much) upward to create a small ripple at the top, out from the return? Would this allow good circulation, skimming and at the same time the small ripple in the water for the sparkle/reflections?

Also, should the returns be pointed straight out OR pointed towards the wall to bounce the water off the wall? The returns are set-in about a foot from the side walls.

I have 2 floor returns and 3 wall returns (10-12" down from coping.) One main floor drain in the deep end and one skimmer in the shallow end.
Two of the wall returns are in the deep end, one in the shallow end
Pool is rectangle, 16' x 28' x 6' deep.

Thanks!

I have only 2 returns and I aim them both in one direction, clockwise, to circulate water to the skimmers. I don't think you are going to get any surface agitation with your returns, but play with it and see. The only way it would hurt anything is if you actually were creating bubbles, which also drives out CO2, increasing your pH. But again, I doubt you can create that much agitation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.