Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Purchased a Dolphin Premier and it's going back. It refuses to climb the walls on my pool. I have a new pool with pebble tec. There is no algae and I brush regularly. It only climbs the wall every 10 or so passes. The other times it goes 2 feet up and stops. I've messed with the floats and that doesn't make a difference. I finally called support today and they suggested I return it.

What should I try next? I am looking at the dolphin nautilas pro.

I would like something that will climb the walls and hopefully do waterline cleaning.

P,

The robot does not climb the wall every time. I thought it was more like once out of 8 tries, but 10 maybe what it is.

I recently got the EVO and it does a much better job at cleaning the water line tiles.. No floats like the one you have now.

See this review..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: imrodee
The robot does not climb the wall every time. I thought it was more like once out of 8 tries, but 10 maybe what it is.
When I spoke with Maytronics support, they told me it should climb with each pass. The rep I spoke with didn't sound like she knew what she was talking about. Outside of the climbing issue, I think the robot is great. So maybe it is functioning as expected.

* Update *
I just called support back, and they informed me that it should climb once every 4-5 mins. So it is functioning as expected....

Last edited:
When I spoke with Maytronics support, they told me it should climb with each pass. The rep I spoke with didn't sound like she knew what she was talking about. Outside of the climbing issue, I think the robot is great. So maybe it is functioning as expected.

* Update *
I just called support back, and they informed me that it should climb once every 4-5 mins. So it is functioning as expected....
I won't go into it, but I have found Maytronics support a lot of things but consistent is not one of them. Friendly, yes. empathetic, yes. caring, yes. consistent and reliable not so much.

I have a Sigma, and it does an excellent job. I would say it is 4-6 passes for a wall climb so that feels correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.