Return Placement in Kidney-Shaped Pool

I like return systems that are looped to help equalize the flow between each return, if that can’t be accomplished then run 18” of line past each of the last Tee’s and have them capped.
Thanks for the input. Would you mind sharing a picture of a looped return system?

No you won’t need to but it’s not a very efficient system for water removal.
This is a better way to go in the first picture
Is the second picture what you having installed?

Attachments

• 780FDD1C-DD47-46C2-9AE4-77714363FAC4.jpeg
    780FDD1C-DD47-46C2-9AE4-77714363FAC4.jpeg
    703.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 79DF6118-0FBF-4FB1-8990-B63915421878.jpeg
    79DF6118-0FBF-4FB1-8990-B63915421878.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 5
No you won’t need to but it’s not a very efficient system for water removal.
This is a better way to go in the first picture
Is the second picture what you having installed?
Yes, the 2nd picture is what I plan to do. The first picture definitely makes a lot of sense. Did you have problems with water levelers like the 2nd picture in the past?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if my pool return placement in a 30k gallon pool with 1 skimmer is adequate.

View attachment 413340
One thing to consider about skimmer placement is the predominant direction of wind in your area. I did not do that and my skimmer is on the opposite side of the pool from where the wind blows debris. For example, the wind in Tucson is predominantly from WSW and my skimmer is on the west end of my pool. So wind blows debris into the pool and it gathers on the east end of my pool, opposite the skimmer. The skimmer still does its job but it is less efficient and takes longer to clear floating debris. Your pool is similar in size to mine and I'd consider two skimmers if you get–or anticipate–lots of debris (pollen, leaves, etc) being blown into your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.