Roswell GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Pool built in 2000. All I have on the three returns are outside threaded pipes with a small narrowing of the inside of the pipe for an eyeball.
The outside cap of this picture, which I bought, fits on the existing threads coming out of my plaster walls. (Without eyeball) However the rotating eyeball piece inside is too large to fit in the pipe. I used my dremmel and sanded the eyeball down to make it work however this really wasn’t a great fix. Are there. Different sized eyeballs available (not diameter of the eyeball opening but a smaller eyeball ). I have reached into the return and it appears there is no way to remove the threaded piece and change it. I can feel the end of the short piece but have no idea how they installed them. I think the must be glued.
I do not feel any slot in the inside of the pipe but I do feel the end of it. Is this a pressed fitting? Glued? Threaded?
Any my advice on how or where to find the correct eyeballs?

Attachments

• E638B726-4159-4AE2-9A41-1D380426DA2B.jpeg
    E638B726-4159-4AE2-9A41-1D380426DA2B.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 37
:scratch: So are you saying there are no threads on the inside of the return pipe? How are you putting that eyeball in then? I have the same eyeballs in your picture, and they are threaded on the outside, and the returns are threaded on the inside.

If you can, snap a picture of the return without the eyeball in it.

:scratch: So are you saying there are no threads on the inside of the return pipe? How are you putting that eyeball in then? I have the same eyeballs in your picture, and they are threaded on the outside, and the returns are threaded on the inside.

If you can, snap a picture of the return without the eyeball in it.

My return is just outside thread sticking out about a 1/4 of an inch past the wall. Meaning the threads are on the outside of the pipe. There are no inner threads. It is a piece of short pipe stuck inside the outer pipe but the eyeball doesn’t seat far enough inside to allow me to screw on the cap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.