Return Manifold Valve Needed?

Ben502

Sep 8, 2019
Kentucky
I have a single old leaky gate valve in front of the manifold for my 3 return jets for my 30K gallon pool. Each of my supply side feeds (2 skimmers, bottom drain) have recently replaced ball valves. Question is: Do I need a valve in front of my 3 return jets? Not sure why I would ever use it and its just one more thing that can go bad. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Show us some pics of what your equipment, valves and manifold looks like.

Attached are some pics of the old valve and new setup. The return manifold pipes are a bit offset, so they were previously plumbed with 3 90s. I will be replacing those 90s with some spa flex, but not sure if I need to or should replace the valve. It would provide on/off for the 3 returns. I would not have individual return control. This all started with the old valve leaking....

Old valve...
old setup.jpg

3 90s, due to pipe offset
old setup 2.jpg

new setup (valve not yet installed), 90s replaced with spa flex
return manifold.jpg

filter, heater and booster. 3-way Jandy for heater bypass with check valve and flow viz.
equip pad.jpg

I can’t get a mental picture of your water flow from the pictures. Maybe someone else can.

Jandy valves will last a lot longer and be able to be rebuilt then the ball valves you are using.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.