Retrofitting more pool lights with OmniPL?

OverEasy

Apr 6, 2021
DFW, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
A few years back had a spa added and installed an OmniPL system with ColorLogic in the spa. The pool itself already had a large light (non-led), but it only has one and my pool is still pretty dim overall. Also, it does turn on with the spa light through the app.

The pool equipment is probably 50+ feet away, however PB added Hayward transformer (LTBUY11300) 15 ft from the pool.

Anyhow, how difficult to retrofit 2-3 more ColorLogic lights.

I’m no stranger to electrical, remodeling, home renos, etc. and I have reworked some of my pool equipment plumbing and reprogrammed the OmniLogic system several times (I’m also an engineer).

Should these only really be installed with a new pool build? Or is it as “simple” as draining the pool a bit, drill a core, run pvc (to that white transformer box?), and done? How do I ensure a watertight seal?

TBH I don’t care if they are colorlogic lights. I just want white lighting in the pool.

Last edited:
Or is it as “simple” as draining the pool a bit, drill a core, run pvc (to that white transformer box?), and done? How do I ensure a watertight seal?

I would not call that surgery simple.

You pack hydraulic cement around the light pipe or niche and then plaster on top to waterproof it. No different then handling other wall penetrations during construction.

full

full

Reactions: OverEasy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.