Retrofit lighting for inground gunite/concrete pool

TritonPoolMGMT

In The Industry
Sep 15, 2015
Brantford
Hey everyone,

It's pool season! At least for those of us in the northern hemisphere who are forced to enjoy our pools in 5 month intervals.

I have a customer who is looking to update their pool. One of the updates they are hoping to include is adding lighting to their existing concrete pool. Any solutions available that you are aware of that do not become a potential nightmare long term - that is my concern. Let me know what you have encountered or share your experience.

I have yet to see pool lighting that does not require maintenance. Biggest issue long term is products becoming obsolete and parts unavailable. Hard to predict when you buy it how long the manufacturer will support it. Product cycles seem to be getting shorter.

I have yet to see pool lighting that does not require maintenance. Biggest issue long term is products becoming obsolete and parts unavailable. Hard to predict when you buy it how long the manufacturer will support it. Product cycles seem to be getting shorter.

Agreed. I am wondering about ease of install. I can't see how trying to install a new light fixture in an existing gunite shell would become a mess long term. I would just expect it to leak at some point. I think that LED lights which have a much smaller profile might make sense but it sounds like they don't offer nearly as much actual 'light' as compared to a standard light.

It’s a trade off. I would do nicheless lights screwed into 1.5” pvc. You need a few more of them but nothing is proprietary and that form factor should be available for many years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.