Resurfacing patio before renovating pool?

Jul 13, 2017
PA
Would it be a mistake to resurface our pool patio before getting the pool renovated? I'd like to put the pool renovation off for a few more years but our patio is in worse shape with staining and cracking so I'd like to resurface it first.

Is that a mistake though? Could the patio get damaged during the pool renovation like when the coping gets replaced?

I think it depends what type of coping you have and the materials used on the new patio.

Also depends how clean the pool renovation company works to not stain or damage the patio.

It can go either way and depends on the crews doing the work.

Reactions: Poolcorey
Would it be a mistake to resurface our pool patio before getting the pool renovated? I'd like to put the pool renovation off for a few more years but our patio is in worse shape with staining and cracking so I'd like to resurface it first.

Is that a mistake though? Could the patio get damaged during the pool renovation like when the coping gets replaced?
The crew renovating mine is doing the patio first. He said it was because they’d be patching coping cracks and didn’t want to risk plaster stains with debris from other jobs. But I have cantilever coping/deck so it may be different if your coping is separate from the deck. I’ve always heard decking comes before plaster.

Reactions: Poolcorey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.