Results Good?

lthyne

May 28, 2010
Hello everyone.

Bought the TF100 two weeks back. I would like to know how I am doing with my results since I changed to BBB.

When I thought the pool was "good" here were my results

FC = 1.5
CC = .5
TC = 2.0
PH = 7.2
T/A = 90
CYA = 30

Heres my results two weeks later:

FC = 10.0
CC = 0.0
TC = 10.0
PH = 7.8
T/A = 120
CYA = 60

I notice my FC is high. I did shock the pool wiht bleach last Sunday and didnt test till today. After I shocked, I continued to add one gallon of bleach a day to the pool.

Am I not supposed to continue to add the same daily dose of bleach after I shock?

I currently run a two speed DE Filter/Pump Combo.

Pool has 21700 gallons.

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Your FC is high. One of the tenants of TFP is to know what to add and when to add it. You should test before adding anything to your pool, so just adding a set amount of anything without testing is not something we would ever recommend. We also don't recommend shocking your pool unless your testing shows that it's required.

Go back and re-read pool school a few more times. I promise it'll make sense once you start following the recommended procedures.

You're pH is a little high and you didn't list the CH which might be important.

Thanks Bama...

I shocked the pool because of dust bunnies having a large party at the bottom of the pool everytime time I turned around. Thought I would super dose it to make sure I was starting from a clean state...

I will go back and re-read again....

Thanks,

Leo

Am I not supposed to continue to add the same daily dose of bleach after I shock?
Well, what Bama said, we are supposed to test first. :)

However, once you are done shocking, first let FC drop to maintenance range and then start the daily maintenance doses.

Congrats on ordering the TF100!

About your TA test, did you wipe the dropper between drops?

Did you add anything to raise pH or TA?

As Bama said, you do need to nudge your pH back down.

It would be helpful if you added your pool and equipment specs in your sig.
Go to User Control Panel (upper left under TTFP logo), select Profile, then Edit Sig.
You can also add your location (city/state) to your profile which also helps responders give better advice.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks for the reply Butterfly..

I will learn to test before adding chemicals...Its good to know to allow the levels to come back to normal after I shock...Not sure what I was thinking!!!

About your TA test, did you wipe the dropper between drops?

I did wipe between drops....When I do read instructions I typically follow them :-D

Did you add anything to raise pH or TA?

I used a 1.5 boxes of borax to raise the PH and 2 four pound boxes to raise the TA.

Thanks,

Leo

Okay now, just because we call it BBB does not mean that you are required to use all of them :mrgreen: :lol:

Your pH and TA were fine as originally tested. Over time, pH will (probably)tend to drift up and you will use muriatic acid to lower it.
Doing this will, over time, also bring down your TA, which is a good thing.

Here's a link to Recommended Levels from Pool School: pool-school/recommended_levels

Enjoy your pool :-D

You are correct...I think that was a typo...My CC is currently at 0.

Its a wonderful feeling to vaccum the pool and not come out 3 hours later to find a dust bunny filled pool.....

Leo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.