Restoring Easy Touch Settinfs

Oct 6, 2009
Venice
Pool has been running fine for years. However the pump controls were messed with and so now it is not running at all. Have a multispeed pump that used to have 2 normal AUTO settings. Normal 9 to 5 pump running at an unknown speed and then a Higher Speed solar mode that sends water to the roof solar heater. heater. I can run through the various control settings but I have no idea how they were setup when installed 10 years ago. Is there any list of Normal or typical settings that I can use to avoid hours of trial and error?

jp,

Welcome to TFP.. a great place to find the answers to all of your "Easy" questions... :shark:

Looking at your signature, I see you have a diving board and what people to touch you.. We don't do that here, but I suspect there might be a few who what to torch you.. :p

Tell us more about your pump.. if a normal 1 HP pump you can't change speeds.. I assume this is a 2 speed pump. If so, it could be that your 2-speed relay has just gone bad.

You can't really set the speed, you just run the pump on low and then something must happen to turn on the 2-speed relay.. you need to either push an aux button or the solar needs to kick in.

Let me know about the pump and we can go from there..

Thanks,

Jim R.

This is definitely an easy touch settings issue and not a hardware issue because I know that is what was changed. We have a multispeed pump and the speed can be changed via ET. It appears to have multiple pump designations, like P1 and P2 but these are used for Normal and Solar settings like virtual pump not a physical pump, I think. I have no documentation as to the correct settings but they were changed and so I need to return then to whatever will work.

JP,

Is the signature at the bottom of your post accurate? Did you really join TFP way back in 2009? If not, let me know as something appears to be wrong..

You know what you have because it is your system.. I have no idea what you have for sure, so I need to ask some questions so that I can try to help...

There are only three kinds of pumps, single speed, 2-speed, or Variable Speed... Sounds to me like you have the VS pump.

How are you programming your system? With the outside panel, with a Pentair remote, or with ScreenLogic?

On your outside unit, go to Menu, Setting, IntelliFlo, Pump #1, and tell me what the screen says...

Should say something Type = VS and below that it should say "speed", scroll down Select Speed

Your screen should look something like the following:

Pump#1 1/8 .............. This shows you the 8 speeds available (older units only had 4..) 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, etc show the speeds you want when the CIRCUIT in the [ ] is running
RPM 1250 ............ The speed
CIRCUIT
[Pool ] ............. The circuit that tells the pump to run the pump at 1250 (in this case)

Please let me know what you find..

A couple of pics of your pump, or the pump's P/N would help..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim:
As to your first question yes I did join years ago but the profile stuff just appeared somehow. I have tried to correct it.
Pool was installed about twenty years back not all that large, sort of a large spa or small pool, but had two pumps one for pool one for spa. Few years later Harriman installed a solar heater and sort of primitive piping, but it all worked. Ten years back needed to rehab and so a local firm Sparkling Kleen Pools did the whole job, all new plumbing, variable speed pump, Pentaire system with the EasyTouch remote.
Not convinced this was good choice but for the most part it works fine. Having worked with computers since 1960 I find it to very user unfriendly. But that’s what we have.

To your questions: Yes the pump is VS, Yes I use the Remote
P1 settings:
Solar/Heater
P2 Settings
Solar/Heater
P3
Solar/Heater

My recollection is we had two normal operations: Timer would come on at 9AM and run until 6PM at normal slow speed but when ever the solar heater temp was set high it would speed up to send water to the roof. This would run every day and I would manage it by just setting the solar temp higher or lower.
When I press the jets button, top on the remote, the gas heater comes on and the jets operate. This still works as described.

So I need to srt out what settings to correct so it runs as it did before this mix-up.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks,

Joe

jp.

I am not familiar with the "P1, 2, and 3" names, but assume the info you provided above is what you found stored in the ET when you looked at what speeds are set up in the ET.. Is this correct?

Let's see what schedules you have set up...

Menu, Schedules, When I go into schedules I see a list showing my Circuits and how many schedules are set up for each circuit..

As an example..

My Spa circuit shows 3 schedules
My Pool circuit shows 2 schedules

If I then select Pool it shows 1/2 (meaning I am looking at the first of two schedules..) And below that it says..

7:00 PM - 7:30 PM.. this shows the time the pool circuit should come and then go off..

Do you have any such setting on your system? So far, it sounds like you have a much different system than I am used to working with.

I'll be glad to help if I can, but right now I am shooting blind.

Do you have a manual on your system? If so, can you post the manual P/N, Rev, and date.. Usually found on the back of the cover page.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Joe,

When you say "P1" are you talking about the buttons you push on your remote? As in "P"ool button and then the Aux 1 button?

A picture of your remote and a picture of the main panel with the door open showing the control panel would help..

If I can't help, it might help some of our other members to chime in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I did not mean to leave you hanging like this, but I have been involved with other issues. After a lot of trial and error, it seems the Features had all been turned off by accident. When I turned on Feature 1, it seemed to resume working, The book says these features can be assigned but it is not at clear how to do that and I cannot find any information about this.

My remote is an EasyTouch 4

Manuals:

521044 Rev A 05/05/11

521129 Rev A 04/20/11

520688 Rev C 03//3/1/ Looks like a typo to me but that’s what is in the book

Thanks for your help. I may need to adjust the pump speeds but I think I can muddle though and get that done.

Joe

Joe,

The only difference between an Aux circuit and a Feature circuit is that the Aux circuits have relays and the Feature circuits do not.. So to control something that uses 120 or 220 volts, like a motor or pool light, you would use an Aux circuit.. To control things that do not used 120/220 volts, you can use a Feature circuit... Feature circuits are good for things like setting pump speeds for VS pumps or turning on waterfall, etc..

If you can set a schedule to turn on say Aux 1.... you can do exactly the same to turn on Feature 1.

Glad you got it working,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.