Resetting the Salt Cell level (Hayward Aqua Rite)

Catanzaro

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 30, 2014
Monmouth County, New Jersey
My SWG was reading 3,100 for a while. Then, reading 3,000. Monthly I test for salt using the Taylor K-1766, and tested 2,400-2,600 (Did test 3X) as I was not sure what was going on. Then the test strips that came with the unit tested at 2,590. Therefore, I was off by 400. I added one bag at a time to bring the levels up, waited a day and tested again. That is how I went from 2,400 to 2,700 and then to 3,000. Tried to reset the board with no success. The Hayward troubleshooting guide instructions are different than what is on line.

Each time I reset the screen, the number keeps going higher and now it is set at 3,500. It will not calibrate lower. Inspected the cell and it is clean as a whistle with no deposits. This morning I e-mailed Hayward Tech Support as well. Unit is approximately 1 year old and still under warranty (3 year warranty).

Any thoughts on what could be happening, or what I am doing wrong? I watched a video that stated repeating a certain process, but he was not specific on how to do it. I know that the SWG will produce chlorine at the cell as long as the unit is not reading low or too high, but I want to try to get this down as close as possible. Thanks!

You can't calibrate a Hayward SWG.

There is the instant salt level and the average salt level. When you "recalibrate" all it is doing is grabbing the instant salt level and setting the average salt level to that.

Even after you "recalibrate" the average value, it will change depending on the future instant salt level readings.

Thanks Jason. The issue is that it keeps going up every time I tried. Hayward responded, but they were not very helpful. I will leave alone and test salt level every 2 weeks instead of monthly now just to ensure the correct levels. Also will check the board to make sure not low on salt or SWG will not generate. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.