hgiljr

Jul 13, 2015
Miami, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello. So after a long battle with contractor, I am finally getting my pool replastered. Currently it is SGM River Rok Lucayan Blue, well it was supposed to be as it never looked like Lucayan Blue. Long story short, I am now working directly with the pool plastering company, and the guy, an ex SGM employee, told me the only way to have Lucayan blue correctly is to be a slave to the pool by checking water levels every several days, brushing, etc. He recommended for me to go with Diamond Brite, cool blue, and add additional stone chips to give it a deeper blue. I on the other hand, since I paid extra for River Rok, I prefer to stay with such brand. He told me if that was the case to then go with River Rok Imperial white. My fear is that it will be too white. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks

That isn't true for any pool finish. Once your pool is balanced testing TA, CH, CYA, borates (if used) and salt (if used) can be managed with testing every few weeks to monthly testing. Or after big rains or droughts than can change the levels in the pool. PH and FC should be tested every couple of days until you have a very good feel for how your pH behaves and the other parameters are stable.

What color is the plaster in lucayan? If it is blue or black then it will fade to gray over a few years anyway. My black plaster in my pebblesheen is more gray than black after 5 years. There doesn't appear to be a longterm colorfast plaster color available to color plaster blue or black. The rocks will likely retain their color longer.

All pools should be brushed once a week for maintenance against algae and dirt build up. But, that has nothing to do with the plaster finish. Most pebble finishes are acid washed the day after completion and brushing has no real impact on the plaster finish once it is acid washed.

If I had it to do again I would either install Aquabrite or a French gray quartz finish. But, a pebble finish with a gray plaster should hold up well also. That is what I'm going to end up with eventually anyway.

Plaster is blue. I have to stick with SGM products as materials are being covered under warranty. Mine pretty much turned gray with a few weeks following all process to the T. It was then drain acid washed and then inpool acid wash and same issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.