Which replacement control panel do I need for Sta-Rite SR400NA?

otherchuck

Aug 27, 2012
Greetings all!

I need to replace the control board on my Sta-Rite SR400NA heater, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what model I need. ANY help is very much appreciated.

I can see in the photo that I have attached of the manual, that I need to know if my heater has a (1)'stack flue sensor' or (2) a 'retrofit probe' or (3) an 'outdoor stack flue switch.' I have opened up the heater, compared what I see in real life against that which I see in the manual, and still have no idea what I have. The manual seems to show two tubes heading into something like a rectangular block, and...man...looks nothing like I see.

Given the other two photos I have included, can anyone tell me what sensor/retrofit/switch paradigm I have and which Sta-Rite replacement control panel I need? I would be very happy to send additional photos if needed. I just found the picture in the manual to be mystifying and unhelpful.

Thanx for any guidance at all!

Otherchuck

Attachments

• sta-rite heater manual.jpg
    sta-rite heater manual.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 13
  • sta-rite sr400na open.jpg
    sta-rite sr400na open.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 13
  • sta-rite control panel close.jpg
    sta-rite control panel close.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 12
Thank you! We just bought a replacement Pentair 77707-0013 Control Board Enclosure Membrane that has a six pin connection, and I am presuming that if I buy the Sta-Rite control panel 42002-0007S (which also is a six pin connector) these will all work together with my Sta-Rite SR400NA heater (that I spent all day cleaning out by the way; a wood rat had made a home in there!). I see there is a Sta-Rite 461105 control board; I think that board always is sold with the control panel membrane, but we don't need that part because it is included in our control board enclosure. Thanks for letting me know if that sounds right!

Otherchuck

Greetings all,

I have a Sta-Rite SR400NA heater, and the control board needs to be replaced becuz many of the LED lights are out. So I was going to replace it (and the membrane) with the 461105 kit. I had the heater open a couple days ago to clean it out (wood rat had been living in there), and generally took a look at the way the current control panel was set up to make sure I could replace it. Seemed pretty straightforward, except...

I see the 461105 kit comes with a connection wire (black and red pair, rolled up in the attached photo) that I didn't expect to see. Maybe it will be obvious how that will be used, and maybe...just maybe...the instructions will make that clear. But I kind of thought I was just gonna attach the membrane connector to the control panel and be good to go. Looking at attached photo of my control panel in the second attachment, there is a pair of pinkish wires leading out of the control board at the top left. Are those the wires they want me to replace with the re/black wires that come with the kit? As I said, maybe the installation instructions will make that clear, but I just wanted to be sure the 461105 kit is what I want for my heater.

Thanks!

Otherchuck
sta-rite control panel.jpgsta-rite control panel close.jpg

there is a pair of pinkish wires leading out of the control board at the top left. Are those the wires they want me to replace with the re/black wires that come with the kit?

Well, that does look like the only 2-terminal connector on the board. Can you see where the pink wires go? The kit photo is small so I can't tell what's on the end of that red/black pair... But if it's a thermistor, you should be able to plug your existing pink-wired one into the new board if that's easier than replacing it with the new red/black one.

Update: Oh, it's a different board. Never mind.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.