replacing solar sensor

bobby1017

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 2, 2011
Petaluma, Ca
My solar temp sensor went on the blink, the temp shoed 255 deg f. I had to change it one other time a couple years back, I bought this, Pentair 520272 Air/Water/Solar Temperature Sensor from amazon, says its compatible with intelletouch, oem Pentair replacement. I hooked it up but now the temp shows 0 deg, I connected the old one and it says 0 deg now also. Any one had this situation before?

Thks Bob

What system are you connecting the solar sensor to?

Connect a 10K resistor instead of the solar sensor. It should read 76F. If you still get 0 then replace the board.

What system are you connecting the solar sensor to?

Connect a 10K resistor instead of the solar sensor. It should read 76F. If you still get 0 then replace the board.
Thanks for the reply, the resistor idea is good, I didn't read this until just now. I did get it working. I first went to setting, then calibration, it only showed pool and air, no solar. I switched the water sensor to the solar, the solar showed 74 so the board was fine, then I hooked the solar sensor to the pool temp an it showed 255 deg. Now in the calibration screen it showed pool, air, solar, I switched the sensors to the proper location, then calibrated the solar based on a thermometer that was on the roof next to the sensor. It seems like its working, solar turned on this am, but I'm going to check the roof temp again and see if they are close. I don't really know why changing the sensors enabled the solar to be seen on the calibrate page.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.