Replacing Pool Pump

I would start with 3000 rpm. If the pump is starved on the suction side then you will know it and use a lower RPM.

The higher flow would only be used when priming. I prime my pump at 2250rpm. Probably do not need that, the system is full of water all the time unless I open it.

As said set the max speed for under 3000 and you will be fine. His suggestion of 2500 is a good starting point and then you fine tune for waterfall. You prob only need 1200 to have swg active that's what I run at with my Hayward vs

I do not see why you would need a different filter.

Sadly, the best media for a SAND filter, is sand. You may or may not have success with the alternative you used.

I unfortunately have another question "Sigh" So currently I have my pump and swg wired to an external timer. The yellow dial one, if I install the Pentair can I still use the dial or do I need to figure out how everything can now tie into the Pentair internal timer? I would rather just use existing since I know its already all wired and set but am open to why it would be better to use the internal On and Off timer for the Pentair. I was hoping once the Pentair came on it would run through the designated settings I setup. Wishful thinking?

VS pumps are to be hard wired to continuous power and the scheduler built in to the pump controller used.

But, you will want the mechanical timer to still control your SWCG so that it is only powered when the pump is scheduled to run.

If you are comfortable with electrical work, you need to wire the pump into the side of the timer that will give it continuous power.

Be aware a surge protection device should be installed in the breaker box that controls the pool pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.