Replacing old Hayward De3620 filter clamp

qxixp

Nov 3, 2015
Hicksville/New York
I am trying to replace my filter clamp for hayward DE3620 filter but I am having a hard time finding the right clamp replacement for the filter.

It seems that Hayward discontinued the old clamp model that came with the filter. According to the diagram from this website, Hayward Vertical Grid D.E. Filter | DE3620 | eReplacementParts.com, the Hayward Dex2421 would be the clamp part I need. So i got one from amazon, Amazon.com: Hayward DEX2421JKIT Cartridge Filter Clamp and Seal Kit: Garden & Outdoor and the size looks identical to the old one. But i struggled to put it on, the gap between two ends of the clamp is just too big for me to put on the nut and the bolt.

Does anyone know if i am using the right replacement part? I am in desperate need of a new clamp as the old clamp doesn't look like it is gonna long. Thanks in advance.

If the clamp looks right but just can't compress things...

My band also won't allow immediate threading after installation. What I have to do is put it on and then tap on the back of clamp with a rubber mallet. The two shells are tapered and the O-ring is between the halves. As the clamp tightens, the two halves get pushed together and crush the O-ring and seal it up.

Once I get a few threads started, then I work around the band taping and tightening alternately. It probably takes longer to type than to do.

Reactions: jblizzle
Jbizzle, oh, misread your precious comment as I thought It was different forum section. Yes, i spoke to them already and this was indeed the part but they said that it may not work with old models.

Thanks Richard, I will give it another try using a rubber mallet

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.