Replacing Motor

JDunks

Sep 18, 2022
North Carolina
I hoping someone can help. My pool motor starting making weird noises after the water got low and it started pulling air.
Fast forward to 3 weeks later and now it has stopped working completely. It hums for 2 seconds then cuts out. I took tried to stick a screwdriver in the hole on the filter side to spin the impeller but count locate it. I will get the pump rebuilt but i was also considering buying a new one. I have attached the original pumps specs along with the one Id like to purchase. Could someone tell me if I have the right one? Thanks Century Centurion E-Plus 1081 Series 2 HP, 56J Frame Motor B809 - C-Face
PoolMotor.jpg

If the budget permits, a variable speed pump is a good idea. Lots more flexibility in how you run your pool. Quieter. And at least a good part of the higher cost comes back in lower power costs.

I hoping someone can help. My pool motor starting making weird noises after the water got low and it started pulling air.
Fast forward to 3 weeks later and now it has stopped working completely. It hums for 2 seconds then cuts out. I took tried to stick a screwdriver in the hole on the filter side to spin the impeller but count locate it. I will get the pump rebuilt but i was also considering buying a new one. I have attached the original pumps specs along with the one Id like to purchase. Could someone tell me if I have the right one? Thanks Century Centurion E-Plus 1081 Series 2 HP, 56J Frame Motor B809 - C-Face
View attachment 469272
Total horsepower of your existing motor - 2.5. Total horsepower of the motor you reference - 1.95. You can't use it with your existing impeller or it will burn out quickly.

The motor on your pump was made by Century specifically for that pump application. You can find it here:

If you decide to get a variable-speed motor, the Nidec Neptune 2.7 C-Frame motor, as found here is a good one for your pump:

Not a recommendation of either site, just showing what is available.

Total horsepower of your existing motor - 2.5. Total horsepower of the motor you reference - 1.95. You can't use it with your existing impeller or it will burn out quickly.

The motor on your pump was made by Century specifically for that pump application. You can find it here:

If you decide to get a variable-speed motor, the Nidec Neptune 2.7 C-Frame motor, as found here is a good one for your pump:

Not a recommendation of either site, just showing what is available.
1poolman1 Thanks for the reply. I have a spa and Jandy Aqualinks. So how do I make sure the spa still runs correctly, and also maintain control over the new motor? Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.