Replacing Lost Water

May 30, 2017
Ramer
Due to evap and splash out, my water level is down an inch or so below where the pool installers told me to keep it, and it got me to thinking about adding water. When should you normally replace the loss? My water source (city water) tends to be brown at times, so is there a way to fill through the filter system? I know it won't clear it completely up, but it would help, being as it would only be 500-1k gallons.

You should add water before it gets too low for your skimmer.
No way to run the new water through the filter. If you are concerned, buy a canister filter to put between your hose and the spigot.

Couldn't you just drop the water hose in the skimmer basket when the pump is running to filter the water? This of course won't remove metals or anything else the pool filter wouldn't remove.

And as far as water level I keep mine on the high side, about 1.5 inches below the top of the skimmer opening. This time of year (evaporation and lots of splash out) I add about 2" a week

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.