Replacing it all

Tredge

Jun 19, 2007
Milton Wisconsin
Replacing the SWG, Pump, and Filter for a 40,000 gallon pool. The pool is outdoors but covered by a permanent greenhouse.
Since the greenhouse chemical use is reduced dramatically and the amount of debris is low.

I want something easy to maintain and I'd like to set it and forget it as much as I can. That isnt currently the case with my existing set up - the pump and filter are over 30 years old.

What would you buy today? I'm considering cartridge because of the low amount of debris we get now.

Ym9fR6N.jpg

I am a fan of my Pentair equipment so I would get a Pentair VS or two speed pump and an FNS 60sqft DE filter (use a fiber alternative to DE). With the amount of debris you get I would assume that you would need to backwash the filter maybe once, if that, the entire season. I do not have a SWG so I cannot provide a recommendation there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.