Chicago
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I have a summer waves 16x48 round pool and got the intex all in one krystal clear sand filter pump and salt water generator its 2150gph. Since we got it it has always put sand in the pool through the regular filter setting and even more during backwash/rinse. We used the #20 sand. Its definitely faulty but couldn’t get a replacement due to it being sold out. We were very impressed with it aside from the sand part as it kept the water clear.

since we will be getting another one for next season Im wondering if there are even better solutions that meet below criteria? I know its only an intex style temp pool but willing to spend on the right equipment

- sand filter
- pump
- swg preferably one system for
- programable by time as opposed to 24hrs from when u turned it on last
- specific chlorine readings from sw generator
- ability to change pump settings on my phone ( would b amazing)

id love to see pics/ hear what other people have been successful with.

I don't know a whole lot about the equipment you are asking about, however your post caught my eye due to the sand getting back into the pool. Any chance you used Quikrete sand?

I have a Intex 1200gph pump (never pumped sand into the pool) and a separate SWG rated for 15k as it was purchased after the fact. It allowed me to get familiar with the pool and chemicals as it is my first pool. Next year I am upgrading to a 3000gph system. I have started looking at a Hayward 1 or 1.5hp system as an alternative to the Intex 3000gph as I am hoping it will last longer. Pretty sure I will also need to go with a larger sand filter.

I don't know a whole lot about the equipment you are asking about, however your post caught my eye due to the sand getting back into the pool. Any chance you used Quikrete sand?

3FC07B5A-CF30-44E3-A775-1D4CC3951BE3.png

Yes - looks like it was quickrete- i thought it was #20 but it has a different number. The particle size was supposedly correct comparing packaging to pump requirements but maybe, like you say, it was not the correct sand in the pack.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.