Replacing Hayward PCB-TCell Board

Kenfadel

May 9, 2018
Canada
I am working on my second salt cell with a burnt plug. I am trying to determine if I should have the connector head on the board replaced or the entire PCB-TCell Board replaced. Hayward Canada has not provided any guidance whatsoever. No way I could solder anything myself. Is it difficult to replace the PCB-TCell Board? Would I be best to hire an electrician to do this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrated.

Welcome to TFP.

Many people replace their own boards.

We do not know what your abilities are. Only you can decide of you can tackle the project.

You do need to know if your Aquarite is wired to 120V or 240V. The Aquarite board comes from the factory wired for 240V. The jumpers between screws 2 and 3 need to be moved to between 1-2 and 3-4 for 120V. Put the angle part down so that it is easier to connect the wires.

Take pictures of all the wire connections before disconnecting anything. Turn off the Circuit Breaker powering the Aquarite. Then disconnect the wires, remove the old board, install the new board, then follow your pictures to reconnect the wires, double check the wire connections.

Once you power up the new board you will need to check the diagnostics that the T-Cell type is correct.

Thank you for the response, much appreciated. Does the fact that I omitted I have an Omnilogic system change anything?
Nope. Just a lot more wires to remove and replace and you will need to go through the configuration setup of your pool.

You may want to go through your existing Configuration before removing the board and note all the selections.

Thanks again. Probably a stupid question, but if I just replace the TCELL board (photo attached) does the whole mainboard need to be removed?
If the rest of the system is working fine then you can try replacing that board.

It looks like the T-Cell PCB Board plugs into the main board. No soldering should be required to replace it.

Everything else seems fine. Again apologizing for my naivete, but would removal and replacement of this smaller TCELL board be relatively straightforward. I have noticed many other members have done it, but I assume it isn't as simple as pulling it out and popping the new one in. Would you by chance be aware of where I could find some sort of instruction?

Again, thanks for your time.

I assume it isn't as simple as pulling it out and popping the new one in.

Looks to me like it is that simple.

Would you by chance be aware of where I could find some sort of instruction?

Hayward expects all repairs to be done by its authorized dealers who know how to replace it without instructions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.