Replacing Drain Plug for Homemade Chlorine Injection System

After reading the excellent thread started by Mark (@mas985) (Homemade Acid OR Chlorine Injection System), I've decided to embark on my own take on this. If its successful, I plan on making a post or updating the original (its been quite since end of last year so may want to consider it done, plus some of the good posters no longer look active)

The thread documents that most pumps use a 1/4 NPT drain plug, but without checking mine, I recall it being larger. I haven't been able to find the sizing online. Does anyone know? I have a Hayward SP3200VSP and it uses part SPX4000FG, but I have not been able to find a site that lists the thread details.

Anyone?

This is to save me from removing the plug, taking it to a plumbing store and having them measure or "try-and-guess". Also saves me from buying extra, non-returnable, parts (cost savings is the goal).

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.