Replacing air button with a wireless/X10 button possible?

G

I have a spa with an air button/tubing setup. Problem is my air tubing is partially buried and practically not repairable (due to a house addition project a few years back where it was accidentally cut, but decided not to be worth repairing...) Is it possible to replace the air button with a wireless electronic button that sends a trigger to X10 to turn on/off a pump?

Seems like I'd need three parts:

1) X10 wireless trigger button (does this exist?) that replaces the actual physical air button. Likely powered by a small watch battery.

2) X10 wireless receiver that plugs into house's electric.

3) Actually X10 switch that connects directly to the pump, ie this http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/2210xi_man.pdf

Any ideas if #1 (or #1 and #2 in combo) exist?

Rerun the air line outside of the insulation. If needed, drill a new hole for a new air switch where access is easier to the spa pack.

The use of an X-10 would, if it could be used, take the pump control away from the spa pack and it's safety circuits. I don't think an X-10 type control would be able to handle the current load of a spa pump.

Scott

Not practical given the amount of use this switch gets. The current air line's conduit is entirely buried underneath a foundation, and there is no intermediate access to re-run it.

This X10 box I linked has no problems with the load. The problem here is I just need a physical wireless switch with X10 (or some other system) access that fits into the old place where the air button is.

I have no access to the conduit. It is entirely buried (beneath concrete/etc) from where the project would be viable considering its sparing use. Not as simple as digging a foot into soil. The spa is one with the gunite pool, and all the intermediate ground surface is hard/paver/concrete. Fails the cost/benefit test doing it in a conventional manner.

What you're proposing can be done. Take some pictures of your installation and post them and as soon as I have some time I'll lay out what you need to make it work. I'll also need the location of an outlet near the wireless button or if the distance from the button location to the spa isn't very far then that may work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.