Replacing a Ray-Vac pool cleaner with a Polaris 360

May 23, 2013
New Jersey
Hi, my pool was plumbed for a Ray-Vac pool cleaner which in my opinion is a piece of junk in that when you shut off the pressure and pull it out of the pool to clean it, it dumps probably 30-40% of what it collected back into the pool. The spring loaded door always gets stuck open. I have to use my skimmer pole/net to "catch" the Ray-vac first before pulling it out of the pool so the net catches the dumped debris. Also, the area where it collects debris is very small. Anyway, the quick disconnect fitting plastered in the side of my pool for the Ray-vac is only maybe 1" and the hose is roughly 1" whereas the Polaris quick disconnect is 2" and that hose is 2". I was wondering if there is a fitting available that would screw into my Ray-vac receiver and allow me to use the Polaris.

I do have two returns. It looks like I could use one of them to hook the Polaris up to but will there be enough pressure for it to operate properly? And that would mean I lose a return to direct floating debris to the skimmers.

Ever consider abandoning the pressure cleaner and just getting an electric robot instead?
Although perhaps you already bought the 360 ...

You can't hook the 360 up to a normal return as you would not get enough flow to run it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.