Replacement/ Repair cost for leaking/ cracked skimmer

Sbp003

May 19, 2023
Leander, TX
My pool has ASR but I'm trying to figure out how to keep the pool intact for a few more seasons; right now my main source of water leak is surrounding both my skimmers which are cracked. What is the standard ballpark cost to cut out the existing skimmer through decking, install new skimmer and repatch the deck?

I will be calling around to also find out, but trying to get a rough view from you guys who may have done this in the past.

My pool has ASR but I'm trying to figure out how to keep the pool intact for a few more seasons; right now my main source of water leak is surrounding both my skimmers which are cracked. What is the standard ballpark cost to cut out the existing skimmer through decking, install new skimmer and repatch the deck?

I will be calling around to also find out, but trying to get a rough view from you guys who may have done this in the past.
Locally, $1500 - $2000. Everything's bigger in Texas. To be truly secure, a skimmer is attached to the structure of the pool in a rebar cage tied to the rest of the pool, or with new rebar doweled and epoxied into the concrete (gunite/shotcrete). ASR may limit a new skimmer.