Replacement Pool Lighting

Apr 25, 2016
Kittrell
Hi. I need to replace my Hayward Pool Light (model# SP0527SLED30). I would like to go with a cheaper light (blue color), not necessarily a Hayward, but I'm not sure what will fit the current Nich. Do you know what lights will fit the current Nich that I have? Thank you for any help.

Hi. I need to replace my Hayward Pool Light (model# SP0527SLED30). I would like to go with a cheaper light (blue color), not necessarily a Hayward, but I'm not sure what will fit the current Nich. Do you know what lights will fit the current Nich that I have? Thank you for any help.
You need to find out if your current niche is the shallow Hayward that was designed for Hayward lights (its all plastic), or if it is the basic standard that builders use, the Pentair Amerilite niche, which is much deeper. The Hayward light will go into an Amerilite niche as the light itself is thin. That opens up many options.
If you have the shallow niche, only a Hayward light will fit. Finding a blue-only light will be difficult.
This light advertises that it will fit the Hayward niche:

You need to find out if your current niche is the shallow Hayward that was designed for Hayward lights (its all plastic), or if it is the basic standard that builders use, the Pentair Amerilite niche, which is much deeper. The Hayward light will go into an Amerilite niche as the light itself is thin. That opens up many options.
If you have the shallow niche, only a Hayward light will fit. Finding a blue-only light will be difficult.
This light advertises that it will fit the Hayward niche:
It's a deep Niche. I pulled the light out last August to get the manufacture info.
Thank you SO MUCH for this information! It is so helpful. Correct, your information has opened up several options for us. I really appreciate you thorough response!