Replacement O-ring for Pentair Sand Filter Part #354053

Jul 6, 2015
Sault ste Marie, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi there. We need to replace the O-ring for our Pentair sand filter. Is there a generic one we can get from a local hardware store/home depot or canadian tire? We live in a rural area in Canada in a town with no pool supply stores and with all retail stores closed due to COVID-19 we are unable to go to the stores to look. We can order the part from poolsuppliescanada.ca but the fastest shipping will take 1.5 weeks to get here and our pool will be a swamp by then. Amazon.ca has even longer shipping times (no "prime" delivery options for this product). The ring is actually broken so we are unable to run the pool pump. We just took the winter cover off the pool today.
Thanks,
Kristin

Pour 5 ppm of liquid chlorine into your pool every other day or so and stir it around with your pool brush until you get your filter fixed.

Hi there, not sure if you are able to adjust the valve on top of the sand filter to the ‘recirculate‘ position and run without it leaking? I just broke the drain plug on my sand filter and am running this way for a few days. I am able to run the system, circulate and get chlorine into the pool... just not running through the sand filter. Hope that helps!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.