Replacement manifold for old American Quantum filter

eegz

May 9, 2017
Los Altos, CA
Hi all,

I have an old Quantum 360 filter that needed a new manifold.

Saw this diagram in a few places (here's the one from INYOpools)

It suggests the val-pak V38-220 is the part to use for replacement

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a hole in this part for the air bleed assembly to pass through as shown in the diagram

Anyone know if I just drill a hole through the middle for the assembly?
Not sure if it will weaken the structure too much or if there's another way.

Here is the original with air bleed assembly and a hole in the middle next to the replacement part with no hole.
1632606203184.png

In the rare chance that someone else will run into the same situation.

Called Pentair (using a number from a seven year old review - 800-831-7133) and they were amazingly helpful. Helped with an ancient product from before the company was bought by Pentair and didn't need any purchase info, customer ID, etc..
The air bleed doesn't need to get all the way through the manifold, just from the manifold to the top. I bought a right-angle PVC connector and cut/glued it so it became part of the manifold, then screwed the assembly onto that.
1634626304294.png

The new bottom manifold was approximately the same as the old. The bottom standoffs were too tall, so I had to take about 1/2" off.
1634626245122.png

The gasket for the bottom manifold appears to have changed over time as well. The new one is too short (height-wise) so it didn't fill in the gap between the manifold and the wall. I could have cut more off the manifold standoffs, but they were getting really short. Instead I glued the old gasket back together with some adhesive sealant which seems to hold well enough.

The whole thing seems to work great now, though the pressure gauge on the filter just reads zero all the time. Not sure if that's something to do with the gasket, air bleed assembly or something else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.