Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
After many years of service my Pentair 011018 Intelliflo pump has just died. I don’t need or want a pump with any additional features. I still want the power and control I had since I have the solar system. So my question for our pump experts is:

What model number should I be looking for to replace a Pentair 011018?

Chief,

You want the EC-011028 VS IntelliFlo (Replacement for the 011018)

or

The 011056 VSF IntelliFlo.

The key is finding one.

I'm very curious with what actually went bad with your pump? What failed?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Chief,

You want the EC-011028 VS IntelliFlo (Replacement for the 011018)

or

The 011056 VSF IntelliFlo.

The key is finding one.

I'm very curious with what actually went bad with your pump? What failed?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,
Thanks for the sanity check. Once I started constructing an answer I realized what was happening made no sense, and that’s because I’m an idiot! Once that was corrected the pump problem could be solved. I’m left with a pump that works, (other than the fact that it looses the time setting when power is turned off).

Chief,

Excellent!!! That is a problem that I could live with. A pain for sure, but not as painful as having to buy a new pump.

Seems I remember a thread or two about replacing a cap or battery inside the IntelliFlo control head, but I don't remember enough to know if it was a success or not.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.