Replacement AquaRite v1.59 not working

Aug 4, 2017
san diego
I replaced a v1.21 board with the v1.59. Power led light comes on, display is fine, cell set to t-15. No other lights on. Switch to Super Chlor , no super chlor led. New hayward t-15 cell. voltmeter 31.6vdc on the red and black wires also what is read on display. 23.8 VAC on the orange and yellow going to rectifier. Continuity on the flow switch, .2 ohms. Unplug flow switch no Low Flow LED. Resistance on the cell starts at 10 ohms and rises slowly. Temp reading looks good, temp probe in cell resistance about 7500 ohms.

Edit, going from off to auto the relays never energize.

Odd I have no other led lights on. If I unplug the flow switch no leds go on.

Any ideas? Thanks Brad

Salt 3000, test strip.

Last edited:
Pool Temp --> 88
Cell Voltage --> 31.8
Cell Current --> 0.00
Desired Output --> 100P
Instant Salinity --> -0000
Product Name --> AL-0
Software rev. --> r1.59
Cell Type --> t-15
Until the board turns on the main relay cell current and the salinity will stay at 0. I think the board uses the current to calc salinity. If it never turns on then it never sees the current.

Is there any known compatibility between the old display and the newer power boards? Yes there is a warranty. I could just send it back and try another. I would like to trouble shoot as much as possible. Im not big on trial and error trouble shooting.

Inspect the switch and try to clean it with contact cleaner. Does it behave in the same manner as the old pcb?
So far, I've only seen two dsp bd rev and they are interchangeable. Can you post a picture of the controller with the front panel removed?

ok, so you have the older DIP package type. The newest GLX-PCB-DSP is consists of SMD's. They're interchangeable and therefore, it should work!
Wait and see if someone else here can shed some light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.