Replaced the water return. Question

Jul 10, 2016
Central Ma
Hi,
24' round 4' above ground
I always had a light feature that was with the water return. The light stopped working a few years ago, so this year I decided to swap out the part and use the one that came with my skimmer box from a few years ago.

The light/return sat flush to the side of round pool. This pushed the water against the edge of the pool for circulation. The one installed is **slightly** beveled and I've turned it so it would move water to the side. However, it definitely pushes water more up and center. Is that normal?

Can you post a photo of your return? I would think that it rotates so you can send water in the desired direction. I have mine pointed to the right and slightly angled down so it keeps water moving over my stairs.

Hard to tell in your photo, it looks pretty flat. Try turning it so the widest part of the bevel is towards the top. That should push water down, and you can tweak it so that the widest part of bevel is top left or top right, depending on how you want water to circulate.

Hard to tell in your photo, it looks pretty flat. Try turning it so the widest part of the bevel is towards the top. That should push water down, and you can tweak it so that the widest part of bevel is top left or top right, depending on how you want water to circulate.
Thank you. I've turned it best I can. Maybe I'll look into replacing it. I appreciate your insight and advise.

Google pool return directional flow. They are some diverted type devices that might help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.