Replace the Intex dead pump with different?

Apoolforme

May 21, 2021
Chattanooga, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last edited:
You can, but the problem with this scenario is I think your new motor would be too powerful for that tiny 12" filter. If you're going to upgrade, you might just consider a large sand filter as well, preferably from the same manufacture (Hayward in this case) so that all the connections will be the same size as well. The larger filter should require less backwashing. I'd would consider a 20-24 inch filer, no less than 16".

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
You can, but the problem with this scenario is I think your new motor would be too powerful for that tiny 12" filter. If you're going to upgrade, you might just consider a large sand filter as well, preferably from the same manufacture (Hayward in this case) so that all the connections will be the same size as well. The larger filter should require less backwashing. I'd would consider a 20-24 inch filer, no less than 16".
Great info thank you!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.