Replace SharkVac power cord?

Sbcmurphy

Apr 20, 2020
Marlton NJ
Having a funky issue. I inherited a Hayward SharkVac (not sure how old but not one they sell currently). It still works pretty well, but lately it stops mid cycle and I have to "jiggle" the power cord and it'll kick back on. It doesn't trip the GFI outlet and I don't see any tears or visible issues on the cord itself, so I don't think water is getting in.

Is it worth trying to get the power cord replaced or better to just let it ride to it's death and get a new one soon?

I'm new to pool vacs and not familiar with repair costs or replacement cycles yet.

Thanks!

Hello again sbc! :wave: Have you put that shark out of its misery, or is it still limping along? I'm the kind of guy who will squeeze every last bit of life out of a product. All you have to do is look at my socks. :)

Not yet, I'm being stubborn. Literally just started wiggling the cord and straightening out any knots in the wire. So far it's working about 80% of the time.

Next year I think I'll splurge for a new dolphin!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.