Replace Jandy Aquapure 1400 Chlorine generator power interface board?

Jul 1, 2016
Valley Village
Does anyone know where I can find instructions for replacing the Jandy Aquapure 1400 Chlorine generator power interface board (back board)?
My system was having problems after installation of a new variable speed pump. A Jandy tech support phone consultation had me run the tests and diagnosed a failing back board.
I live in LA and there are some unscrupulous repair outfits out there. I previously called one company who wanted to charge me $1000 to replace the salt cell, that was with a salt cell I'd already provided. A 5-10 min job for $1000!!
The Jandy tech gave me some names and addresses. Some were no longer in business. One guy wanted to charge me $175 an hour for labor, fair enough. I didn't like him telling me he would charge $375 for a $100 replacement part though. When my husband called him on it he said it was fair practice? Is that what it's like in the rest of the country? Is that a reasonable charge? I'm not sure my doctor charges that much and she went to school for a lot of years.
If anyone has links to repair diagrams I would appreciate them. I've had some experience soldering pcb boards removing and replacing components. It can't be that complicated. It's just intimidating without diagrams.

Thanks Rossterman, I've had to change my plans after all.
Various pool professionals didn't warn me that mixing and matching with Jandy and Pentair is not a good idea. I've learned a lot in the last few months. It' seems Pentair variable speed pumps do not power down when they're not pumping. Therefore the Jandy aquapure doesn't know when to power off, a potentially dangerous situation. It's really well hidden in the manual that the flow switch is not designed to turn the chlorine production off when the pump isn't running. Even the Jandy tech I spoke to didn't seem to know.
I've had to switch to a Pentair SWG, supposed to be installed tomorrow, and will be integrated with the solar controller and pump.
I'll keep that website for future reference, never know when it might be useful

Can you update your signature? What you just said about Pentair pump, etc is not reflected in your signature.

Thank you.

Thanks, I've just done that update, The Pentair Intellichlor IC40 gets installed tomorrow, ( I was going to wait until then, didn't want to jinx anything)
I've had a solid month trying to find someone to do it who actually knows how to integrate with the sun touch controller. I had to read all the manuals ahead of time to know what I needed to change to make my system work.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.