Repeated Sundance Heater Failure

I've got a Sundance Cameo spa built 3/16/99. The third heater just failed on it within the past 3 years. All of which shorted out and tripped the breaker. With the heater disconnected the rest of the tub works just fine. The flo switch is about one year old and the hi-limit switch is about three years old. I have owned the tub for about 6 years. Every once in a while the digital control seems to have a mind of it's own and won't set and occasionally jacks the heat up to about 104. I read somewhere that with repeated heater failure it could be a chattering contact switch? I can't afford at $150 a pop to keep replacing heaters, obviously something else is wrong.

a,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your not hot, hot tub issue... :shark:

I can't think of anything that will cause a spa heater to short out and trip the breaker other than being a poor quality heater..

I doubt a chattering relay would cause much of a problem, except for intermittent or low heat.

Let's see what our other members have to say...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.