Repair/Replace Concrete Pool Decking

araceli27

May 14, 2024
Austin Texas
Hello friends,

I am a new pool owner of a small 16k gallon 1970s era pool with a combined all one piece concrete coping/decking. Before I purchased I had the pool inspected and there are no leaks but the decking has settled and pulled away from the pool in one spot. I have been trying to figure out who would be best to fix this without damaging the pool itself. Has anyone had experience with something like this? Idea of cost? Method of repair? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20240514_101900.jpg
    20240514_101900.jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240514_101833.jpg
    20240514_101833.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240514_101905.jpg
    20240514_101905.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240514_101940.jpg
    20240514_101940.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 21
Hello friends,

I am a new pool owner of a small 16k gallon 1970s era pool with a combined all one piece concrete coping/decking. Before I purchased I had the pool inspected and there are no leaks but the decking has settled and pulled away from the pool in one spot. I have been trying to figure out who would be best to fix this without damaging the pool itself. Has anyone had experience with something like this? Idea of cost? Method of repair? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
I had the same problem. Depending on what your goals are, how far far out of whack sections are, and how large your wallet is there are options to lift the slabs back up to level.

Here’s my pool where I show how I fixed mine:

I had the same problem. Depending on what your goals are, how far far out of whack sections are, and how large your wallet is there are options to lift the slabs back up to level.

Here’s my pool where I show how I fixed mine:
Thank you! I have been wondering why I can't just use a hydraulic jack to lift the section into place and backfill but I guess it risks more cracking. I have read about mud and foamjacking but have the same issue with trying to get contractors to come out. One told me flat out that if they work around pools they aren't responsible for any damage to the pool structure especially waterline tiles without even looking at the job, so I nixed that idea.

Thank you! I have been wondering why I can't just use a hydraulic jack to lift the section into place and backfill but I guess it risks more cracking. I have read about mud and foamjacking but have the same issue with trying to get contractors to come out. One told me flat out that if they work around pools they aren't responsible for any damage to the pool structure especially waterline tiles without even looking at the job, so I nixed that idea.
If the decking has proper expansion joints it should be fine lifting them back up. If not, you can rent a saw from home depot and cut them in. Then do the lifting/backfilling.