SARASOTA, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have a 9350 that is probably 4-5 years old. I have had no issues until this morning when I noticed only 1 wheel was turning. Pulled it out of the water and it seems that side is toast. I can freely turn the wheel that was working but the right side is frozen.

I can replace the motor assembly for $400 but that is almost half the price of replacing it or I could go with a cheaper different brand.
It looks like the control unit is about $300 if it goes bad, what else is there that could break? Considering its age, don't want to end up spending more $$ by replacing motor if it the unit is towards the end of it's life anyway and more and more components are going to go.

So it seems the Dolphin Active 20 about same price as a new 9350....any good reviews or comparisons between the 2? It seems the forum favors Dolphin products. I liked my 9350 and for the time I had it, was a great little machine. The cord did occasionally become a tangled mess and it didn't seem to climb walls correctly...it would get to the water line and keep going..seemingly not recognizing it was at the top.

I got it in trade for work I did and it was a demo unit so never bothered asking Polaris about it and just scrubbed walls myself whenever I was in the pool.

I ordered an Active 20 yesterday. Is there a market for used robots? With the price of replacement parts, seems like someone could make use of what's left of mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.