Repair or replace AquaRite system

PeteT1

Apr 29, 2018
Omaha Nebraska
Hi guys,

Need some advice. I have a 15 year old Goldline Aqua Rite SWC with a T15 cell (10 years old). It now needs a new cell and a flow switch. Two years ago I successfully repaired the pcb, replacing a burnt resistor. Should I fix this system (about $400 I think) or replace? Thanks - Pete

I would take a look at your board and the components and see how they are holding up - the thermistor, the solder joints around the relays. The Aquarite boards seem to run hot and burn up components.

I think there have been some improvements to the board in 15 years with a more robust thermistor and the addition of the K4 relay.

Lots of information on it at Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading

I would take a look at your board and the components and see how they are holding up - the thermistor, the solder joints around the relays. The Aquarite boards seem to run hot and burn up components.

I think there have been some improvements to the board in 15 years with a more robust thermistor and the addition of the K4 relay.

Lots of information on it at Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading

Thanks for the reply. Nice info in one place. I guess as long as I can still find replacement boards for the controller if I have a failure, the investment in a new t-15 cell won't be lost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.