JJOM

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 28, 2013
Central Texas
Pool Size
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi, we are renovating our pool with NPT Polishedscapes and I had a question for TFP.

It seems to be difficult to get information on Polsihedscapes renovations, so I figured I'd start a thread on ours.

It is a pool and spa of approx 25k gallons. We are doing a full demo and going with PolishedScapes Skipping Rock. I'll address the color later.

The pool is effectively demoed and they began the tile work yesterday.

1st question.

There are two spots where the demo encountered some steel. My understanding it that as long as the steel in encased in about 3" of (what?) it should be ok.

Can it be encased in the Polsihedscapes, or does it need to be concrete/gunite?

One image shows the rebar near where they chipped out around a spa jet. The other shows some rust coming from where one of the main pool lights are. As there is not room for inches of concrete, the pool light may be the bigger issue?

I'd appreciate some knowledge about these two spots before I speak the the builder about how they can be addressed. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8321.jpg
    IMG_8321.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8322.jpg
    IMG_8322.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.