Renovating - Need Finish/Tile Opinions

cann0nball

Sep 22, 2020
Greensboro, NC
Hello All!

I've only been a member for a few weeks and this is my first time posting but I would like to start by saying Thank You to the site creators, maintainers, moderators, and especially to the members who have contributed so much valuable information in one place. I have already learned a lot and gained some very valuable insights just by searching and reading various threads.

My wife and I have only been pool owners for about 4 yrs now. Truthfully, we didn't even know we wanted one until our friend (and realtor) insisted that we see our current house while we were looking back in 2016. She fell in love with the sunroom and I the pool. I'll spare you the rest of the backstory but we are currently, thanks to a wind storm and large fallen tree, in a position to do a major renovation on our pool. We have looked at dozens of finish/tile choices and think we have it narrowed to our final picks. I'm hoping I can throw a couple of pics up here and get some reassurance that we're not crazy (or some suggestions if we are) when it comes to the matching or contrast as neither of us are designers. Thanks again for taking the time to look/comment.

Our current state (the previous owners painted the dark plaster bottom light blue - not us)
after_2.png

Our current front runner for finish - WetEdge Aruba - Wet Edge | Products | Aruba
we-aruba.JPG

and current choice for waterline tile - NPT Quarry Ridge Blue - Tile Series: Quarry Ridge | NPTpool.com
npt-qrb.JPG

Any feedback is welcome even if it's just "are you nuts??" or "those should look great together!" and anything in between.

Thanks again to everyone here that plays a part in making this site/forum/community what it is - I'm very pumped to have found it and hope I can give back myself someday.

-c

I like those colors together. It is very similar to what we chose. We went with Wet Edge Bermuda and these tiles from Master Tile:
View attachment 167271

Here is a link to their catalog, they are on page 17. They have different color variations of the Onyx, but we love the blue.
Thanks for the reassurance and for the link. The tiles you chose are gorgeous! I'll check that site out for sure.

Thanks for the reassurance and for the link. The tiles you chose are gorgeous! I'll check that site out for sure.
There are pics of the tiles installed in my build thread you can see if interested:

so I think I just made a realization lol - for a week now I've been thinking that the pic WhiskeyFox uploaded to spd's build thread was spd's pic... I think I need to dm WF about their tile now... my PB is going to hate me. haha

-c

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.