Renewed member in Wisconsin

CharlieBz

In The Industry
Apr 8, 2021
Juneau Wisconsin
Hi all! I'm back under a new name, seemed to have lost all info from my membership as I must have registered using my employer's email. I retired from there 6 months ago but am still doing pool service. I live in southeastern Wisconsin, was an inground vinyl liner pool builder beginning with my dad's company in the late '60s and early '70s, dad went on to other things so I migrated to a couple of other companies building inground vinyl and also gunite pools into the '80s, went on my own building and servicing inground and above ground liner pools since then "on the side". Was employed at a 450 room hotel/convention center and managed two swimming pools and four spa tubs there (among many other things) through the '80s decade and moonlighted managing a lap pool and spa tub at a health club for a few years mid '80s. Got into HVAC service mid '90s and was HVAC service manager for the past 20 years up until retirement. Did poolwork on the side all of those years so it's "in my blood". I have a 27' aboveground pool that I rescued as "damaged" 30 years ago, it's dished to 5'6", has a vermic (hard) bottom with main drain, inground pump, filter and heater. It's on its 3rd liner but still alive and well, 5 grandkids learned how to swim in it! I've referred a number of my customers to this website for water chemistry education, there is sure a wealth of knowledge here! I've learned a few things here as well but haven't been active for a few years. Nice new look to the website!!!

Reactions: imrodee
Welcome back. You have a lot of experience that you be able to share with others who are just starting out with pools.
Maybe you could Create Your Signature to keep your pool info visible to all