Removing wrinkles, not folds, from liner bottom.

lastevns

Silver Supporter
May 22, 2022
Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay, yes, I am working in the middle of the night to remove wrinkles from the bottom of my liner before I continue filling my new pool.

I have about one and a half inches of water on the bottom of the pool and I stopped there thinking I could move the wrinkles out with my feet or hands. But they aren't really budging.

None of these are folds so I know they're not going to hold algae but they make the pool look like an unmade bed..

Can anyone suggest a successful way to get these wrinkles out of the bottom of the pool? I have watched YouTube videos and I am following the method shown there but not with much success. I wonder if anyone ever really has any success at this. After an hour of trying, it seems impossible.

Update: after another half hour of trying, I think I'm going to head to bed and hope that the sun makes the liner more pliable in the morning. But if you have any advice please pass it along.

TIA!IMG_20220531_013448.jpg

Last edited:
You did the best thing in stopping working on it.

Wait for the sun to get out good and hot. Get a soft push broom and a toilet plunger........say what??? LOL The plunger will help "pick up" the liner so you can move it where you want it to go. Start closest to the wall and go around in a circle. Work your way to the middle.

You may be able to use your feet instead of the broom so you have your hands free to work the plunger.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Reactions: lastevns

Wait for the sun to get out good and hot. Get a soft push broom and a toilet plunger........say what??? LOL The plunger will help "pick up" the liner so you can move it where you want it to go. Start closest to the wall and go around in a circle. Work your way to the middle.

You may be able to use your feet instead of the broom so you have your hands free to work the plunger.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Wow. a plunger? (read like a movie trailer): "It sounds just crazy enough to be true."

Still, I will be sending the BF to get a 'fresh' plunger. And he just LOVES big box hardware stores. He was particularly fond of 340 pounds of paver stones and 50 pounds of filter sand on a holiday, poor guy. We will need a new 3-day weekend to make up for all this work. But, it's worth it, right?

Thanks, again, for the advice. Hope it works!

Last edited:

GOOD LUCK!!!
Just FYI: Mine is a rectangle. Since none of the folds cross the the horizontal seams, I'm working each area bordered by the seams. I wonder how much time others have spent on this. Hopefully I will get it filled today as water prices go up tomorrow for summer water use.

Reactions: kimkats
I spent some time over a couple/few days for two bigger wrinkles. I would work on it until my toes got tired as my pool was already full when I got home to see them.

LOL on "poor BF" I so feel his pain! or I should say my husband feels his pain :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.