Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Apple Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I purchased a robotic cleaner and want to remove the suction side cleaner. From what I have read, all I need to do is lower pump rpms, and close the diverter valve that splits suction between skimmer and suction side cleaner, so all suction is on the skimmer only.
So question is with lowered rpms and suction through one pipe only result in fewer gallons per minute being filtered? Will I need to in increase the number of hours pump is running?

F,

I suspect that you still believe in the turnover myth.. Chemicals keep your pool sanitized and clear, not the number of times water passes through your filter.

Just use an RPM and run time that keeps the surface of your pool skimmed the way you like. If you have a SWCG, then run long enough to generate the amount of chlorine you need.

We have members that run their pumps 3 hours a day and others that run their pumps 24/7, and everything in between. Run your pump for whatever time period you want, just don't run it to try and meet some magical turnover number.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Fishy1234
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.